IndyCar Series driver Ed Carpenter made big headlines Wednesday, but it had little to do with his driving performance. It had a lot to do with the passenger riding along in the two-seater Indy car he was driving: Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne.
Wayne is known for making a grand entrance at the start of training camp each summer. He didn't disappoint this go-round, arriving for camp at Anderson University in the back seat of an open-wheel race car.
Social media, of course, went wild ...
Reggie Wayne is my idol
- LucaNap (@Luca_Bazooka34) July 23, 2014
2009 - Dump Truck 2010 - Military humvee 2013 - Helicopter How did Reggie Wayne arrive at Training Camp in 2014? http://t.co/40WIHpbVhF
- ESPN (@espn) July 23, 2014
- IndyCar Series (@IndyCar) July 23, 2014
Next year, I want Reggie Wayne to sky dive into camp. Wonder how that would go over with Ryan Grigson?
- Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz) July 23, 2014
- Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) July 23, 2014
- Rich Gray (@RichGray1060) July 23, 2014
- NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) July 23, 2014
Love Reggie Wayne dude is awesome only one who could pull off pulling up to camp in a racing car #Colts
- Daniel McNally (@ColtsAreLucky12) July 23, 2014
- Ed Carpenter Racing (@ECRIndy) July 23, 2014
if I make it to the big leagues I'm arriving to spring training every year like Reggie Wayne ���� #onpoint
- Hunter (@groves88_hunter) July 23, 2014