Austin Dillon is pretty fast in that Richard Childress Racing No. 3 Chevrolet on Sprint Cup weekends, but strap him into a pair of ice skates and it's another story.
Dillon was in Canton, Michigan, on Thursday to promote the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17.
The promotion? Meryl Davis and Charlie White, who won 2014 Olympic gold in ice dancing at Sochi, gave Dillon and MIS president Roger Curtis a skating lesson at Arctic Edge Ice Arena. Davis and White will serve as grand marshals of the NASCAR event.
This is how it played out on social media ...
- Austin Dillon (@austindillon3) July 31, 2014
- Roger Curtis (@MISroger) July 31, 2014
- Jackie Helton (@JackieLHelton) July 31, 2014
- Cheryl Milligan (@cherylmil24) July 31, 2014
- Claire B Lang (@ClaireBLang) July 31, 2014
@austindillon3 maybe stick to driving cars, champ.
- Aaron Bearden (@aarontalksraces) July 31, 2014
@austindillon3 you still have to turn left in a rink
- hamleta (@HSwagEdwards) July 31, 2014
- Meryl Davis (@Meryl_Davis) July 31, 2014
- MISpeedway (@MISpeedway) July 31, 2014