Indy 500 to have tighter security
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis 500 fans will have to leave their big coolers of beer at home and pay to park in a once-free lot as part of tighter security measures at Sunday's race.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway spokesman Doug Boles says the steps are a response to the bombing of last month's Boston Marathon and are designed to control access to the speedway and ensure police know who's at the track.
Police will close traffic on a major route into the track Sunday morning. Track security ...
Read full story
97TH INDIANAPOLIS 500-MILE RACE
The 97th running of the Indianapolis 500 is scheduled May 26 with coverage beginning at 11 a.m. ET (ABC). The venerable Indianapolis Motor Speedway is ready for another thriller as a great tradition enters its 102nd year.
Sunday• Racing Live! Indy 500
• Hinton: This time, Kanaan good enough
• Oreovicz: Andretti comes up short ... again
• Video: Full highlights and analysis
• Video: Winner on SportsCenter
• Video: Dario kart
• Kimball cleared to race after illness
Saturday• Hinton: Want a feel-good story?
• Stats & Info blog: Winning on Sunday
• Video: Preparing for the Indy 500
• Video: The Andretti curse at Indy
• Video: Speed and danger
• Video: Sato has Foyt back in contention
• Ailing Kimball misses driver's meeting
• Security tightened after Boston attack
• Insider: Betting the Indy 500
Features• Hinton: Foyt is back as a threat in the 500
• Oreovicz live blog from Carb Day
• Newton: Could a NASCAR star compete?
• Oreovicz: Indy 500 rookies could surprise
• Petry: Full speed ahead for Fisher
• Oreovicz: Night out with legends • Oreovicz: No Bump Day drama • John Oreovicz live blog from Pole Day
• Oreovicz: Turbo boost, speeds, are up
• Oreovicz: Need for more speed?
• Oreovicz: The drive for four
• Oreovicz: Hang on to your hats, folks
News & Notes• Record-tying four women in 500 field
• Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
• Driver/owner Carpenter wins 500 pole | Grid
• Full 33-car field assured for Indy 500
• Legge gets ride with Schmidt, is 34th entry
• Viso flirts with 230 mph on Fast Friday
• Rookie Munoz paces Thursday practice
• Rookie Daly wrecks car at Indy 500 practice
• Fewer seats at Indy 500, but not fewer fans
• Franchitti tops speed chart Wednesday
• Andretti runs fastest on Tuesday
• IndyCar hires Walker as competition chief
• Carpenter posts fastest lap Monday
• 1996 champion Lazier enters Indy 500 field
Video• Czarniak's ride of a lifetime with Mario
• AJ Allmendinger geared up for Indy
• Ed Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole
• Marco Andretti third fastest on Pole Day
• Getting ready for Indy
• The Greatest Spectacle In Racing
Chats• Ed Carpenter chat wrap
• John Oreovicz chat wrap
• Oreovicz Fast Friday chat wrap
Indy 500 Rewind• 2012 Flashback: Franchitti simply flawless
• 2011 Flashback: Wheldon's Cinderella story
• 2010 Flashback: Dario's all the way back
• 2009 Flashback: Castroneves wins again
• 2008 Flashback: Quiet Dixon makes noise • 2007 Flashback: Franchitti comes up big
• 2006 Flashback: Hornish gets his "Holy Grail"