For the first time, David Letterman's Top Ten list was amended on Wednesday night on the "Late Show." Here are Letterman's "Top 12 Reasons I Love Racing," as read on-stage by the 12 NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers who will made the Chase for the Cup:
12. Clint Bowyer: "We've got special mirrors that show objects the size that they actually are."
11. Kevin Harvick: "Sometimes back in the garage there's horseplay with the airhose."
10. Jeff Burton: "Between the G-forces and the fumes, I'm loopy most of the season."
9. Kyle Busch: "Switch the 'R' and the 'C' in 'Racing' and you get 'Caring.' "
8. Matt Kenseth: "Can hold 8 gigs of music on my new iHelmet."
7. Martin Truex Jr.: "In a pinch, checkered flags make a lovely tablecloth."
6. Denny Hamilin: "Two more wins and I get to marry Ashley Judd."
5. Kurt Busch: "You can talk to your car and pretend you're David Hasselhoff."
4. Carl Edwards: "How many people can say their 'office' goes 200 miles per hour?"
3. Tony Stewart: "Driving fast and starting fights."
2. Jeff Gordon: "It's not one of those sports you have to inject stuff in your ass to be good."
1. Jimmie Johnson: "Unlike most guys, I like it when my wife says, 'You're too fast.' "