Henin makes quick work of Serena in straight sets
The much-anticipated quarterfinal match between Justine Henin and Serena Williams was a lopsided affair. Now Henin, the two-time defending champion, has a semifinal date with possibly the hottest player on tour.
PARIS -- There was no combustion between Justine Henin and Serena Williams this time around. In fact, there was precious little oxygen to pump up their match.
The calendar Grand Slam balloon deflated for Williams Tuesday in an oddly muted French Open quarterfinal 6-4, 6-3 loss to the tournament's top seed. One of the more compelling rivalries in the women's game failed to deliver by any of the usual standards of tension, spirit or entertainment value.
Henin played a clean, clinical ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?