Henin will be in a comfortable place come Saturday
After skipping the Australian Open earlier this season, Justine Henin has found the groove. And come Saturday, she will try for her fourth title at Roland Garros, the slam closest to her heart.
PARIS -- Like the fog in Carl Sandburg's famous poem, Justine Henin comes whispering in on little cat feet:
Phht. Phht. Phht. Phht. Phht. Phht
And then, the 5-foot-5, 126-pound champion puts the hammer down:
This is the sound of Henin's intricate -- and historically successful -- choreography on the red clay of Roland Garros. On Thursday, the 25-year-old Belgian humiliated Jelena Jankovic 6-2, ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?