Super Saver comes up empty
BALTIMORE -- The drought continues. For the 32nd straight year -- tacking on yet one more year in the ongoing record of Triple Crown futility -- there will be no sweep of racing's most coveted prize.
The only horse who could have headed to the June 5 Belmont Stakes with a chance at the Triple Crown was Super Saver, the Kentucky Derby winner who was a 19-10 favorite when a field of 12 3-year-olds went postward Saturday in the 135th Preakness at Pimlico. But it became painfully apparent ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch