Questions spring up fast as flowers as the Derby approaches.
Q: What post positions show up best at the Kentucky Derby?
A: The number 10 post position is great. The number 9 post position is horrible. Go figure.
They almost have to send out search teams to look for some of the inside horses, as they're caught in what resembles an avalanche. An inside horse's recourse to being swamped is to run too fast and quit too soon.
Outside spots are not as bad as you might imagine.
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch