Searching for wheat in Derby field
No matter how you turn the page, none of those generally regarded as the principal threats to win the 139th Kentucky Derby comes into focus. Typical. But less than a week remains before this decision must be made. Get to work.
First, it is necessary to consider that this is Todd Pletcher's world and we're merely here to watch him train horses. The statistical probability of having six Derby starters -- including the likely undefeated betting favorite and two of the principal contenders ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch