As if the trauma of the inside post positions wasn't enough, and as if the game of musical riders, all the switching, wasn't enough, and as if the erratic Beyer numbers weren't enough, now this: Here comes the weather.
In some spots in the heartland this week, the temperature could go from 90 degree into the 30s, virtually overnight. As concerns Louisville, the most typical forecast as of now for Derby day is for temperatures in the 60s, with a 40 percent chance of rain. Who wouldn't take ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch