Normandy Invasion's hidden value
Kentucky Derby contender emerges as a rallying point for veterans of WWII
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- On Saturday, well over 150,000 people are expected to descend on Churchill Downs to take part in Kentucky Derby day. Ranging from the common man to the celebrity, the track will be packed to the gills. Among the crowds, though, four men who are neither common nor celebrities will hopefully command extra respect. After all, they are members of the Greatest Generation.
On June 6, 1944, Ray Woods, Bill Wilch and J.J. Witmeyer stormed the beaches of Normandy during ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch