Style makes the fight in Derby
Knowing when to make a move and finding a path can make for a Derby champion
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The roses are won at the track kitchen.
You've probably heard and will no doubt hear much more, if your receptors are tuned in to all the chatter surrounding the Kentucky Derby, about Churchill Downs' long stretch. It's 1,234.5 feet long, and the utterance of this fact in the context of the Derby suggests that's where the race is won.
Don't believe it. The Kentucky Derby is won in the second turn. That's usually where the winner makes his ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch