Derby rains and reigns
There are lessons to be learned from the 139th Kentucky Derby
So much for an exciting day at the Churchill Downs racetrack and mud flats.
Nothing can disrupt horse racing like a deluge. Horses racing through the rain and over the mud can be like football on ice. It's unlike anything else. Rain at the Kentucky Derby unsettles everything from partying on the infield to handicapping the races and wondering what in the world just finished second. "All" ran second. As is usually the case on an off track, extremes ruled the day, with late runners flying ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch