What were the rest of you thinking?
Oxbow at 15-1 odds! Hadn't anyone else been paying attention to the horse's form?
That sure was some rotten handicapping.
Not by me; I had Oxbow third in the picks. I didn't hear of another soul who mentioned the horse, except to say he'd quit down the lane.
He went off at 15-1. There's the sorry handicapping, those high odds.
Go look at Oxbow's form. Few horses have had post positions as bad as what Oxbow caught during his recent run: 10, 11, 10, 10, 10 and the doomsday one post at the Derby. Bad post positions matter. Bad post positions cost lengths.
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch