Orb is favorite in 14-horse field
NEW YORK -- Back home again, Kentucky Derby winner Orb is the horse to beat in the Belmont Stakes.
Orb was made the 3-1 morning-line favorite in a field of 14 entered for Saturday's final leg of the Triple Crown at Belmont Park, and trainer Shug McGaughey is confident his colt can bounce back from his fourth-place finish behind Oxbow in the Preakness.
"He's been here for three weeks, and I think it has to be a help not only mentally but being familiar with the footing as ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch