Because it is the Belmont
Any optimist can find plenty of reasons to get excited about this Belmont Stakes
The Belmont Stakes is known as the Test of the Champion. Most years, however, due to the very nature of the Triple Crown, it could also be known as the Test of Pessimism vs. Optimism.
Thunder Gulch is also part of a bit of race-nerd trivia because he helped his trainer, D. Wayne Lukas, pull off a nifty historical footnote.
If the Triple Crown is on the line, there is no greater place to be in the racing world than at Belmont Park on Belmont Stakes day. The ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch