Put down your dumb phone!
Do I even need to get into all the reasons this is a stupid idea?
- N.C. Winters Whether you're on four wheels, two wheels, or just the shoes on your feet, this applies to you.Distracted driving is growing at an alarming rate. In your car, you probably multitask: You drink your coffee, eat your snack, check your email on your phone, change the music on your iPod, talk to your child in the backseat, read the billboards on the side of the road, daydream, and text.
• • •
Susan Lacke does 5Ks, Ironman Triathlons, and everything in between to justify her love for cupcakes (yes, she eats that many). In addition to writing for Competitor, she serves as Resident Triathlete for No Meat Athlete, a website dedicated to vegetarian endurance athletes. Susan lives and trains in Phoenix with three animals: A labrador, a cattle dog, and a freakishly tall triathlete boyfriend. She claims to be of sound mind, though this has yet to be substantiated by a medical expert. Follow her on Twitter: @SusanLackeCompetitor.com is an engaging, informational and interactive endurance destination for athletes of all abilities. With unique editorial features, up-to-the-minute running news, training and nutrition tips from the top running experts in the industry, running gear reviews and exclusive athlete interviews, Competitor.com provides runners with the most robust content available on the Web.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM