Redd hurt again, Sessions valuable again
Of course, in fantasy, bad news often spawns great opportunity. Even many Redd owners who were savoring their guy's huge January (24.2 points and 2.6 3-pointers per game, as well as 51.2 percent shooting) can ease their pain by claiming Sessions tout de suite. As of this writing, the second-year player is available in 64 percent of ESPN.com leagues. That number is bound to drop by the time you see this, so get moving.
When Redd missed most of November because of a right ankle sprain, veteran Charlie Bell made most of the starts at shooting guard. Sessions, though, shone off the bench, averaging 15.7 points and 5.8 assists during the season's first month. Bell is sidelined with an ankle problem, so it's possible Sessions and Luke Ridnour will form Milwaukee's starting backcourt Monday versus the Timberwolves.
Under the boards
• LeBron James, Cavaliers: 33 points, 14 rebounds, 9 assists at Utah.|
• Brandon Roy, Trail Blazers: 10 steals to go with 22 points (7-for-18 FG), 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 3-pointers and 2 blocks versus Wizards.
• Caron Butler, Wizards: 31 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 3-pointers (and 9 turnovers) at Portland.
|• Mehmet Okur, Jazz: 14 points on 1-for-9 shooting, 3 rebounds and four fouls in 21 minutes versus Cavaliers.|
• Wilson Chandler, Knicks: Zero points (0-for-3 FG), 4 rebounds in 19 minutes at Philadelphia.
• John Salmons, Kings: Only seven points on 3-for-10 shooting at Milwaukee.