Wade topping off amazing season
He's a true seven-category player with the ability to be an eight-category one (his free-throw percentage declined for the second straight year, the only negative in his season), although the last time he played 75 games in a season he followed it up by playing in just 51. There's no way around it: Wade is a risk, as he has missed significant time in three of his six seasons in the league. Still, his insane blocks/steals numbers and incredible 49.1 percent shooting on 22 attempts per game make him worth the gamble, and statistically he, LeBron James and Chris Paul are in their own league.
Under the boards
• Dwyane Wade, Heat: 55 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 3-pointers, 1 block against the Knicks.|
• Michael Beasley, Heat: 28 points, 16 rebounds, 3 3s, 2 blocks versus the Knicks.
• Chris Paul, Hornets: 31 points, 17 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 3s against Dallas.
• Chris Duhon, Knicks: Five points, 2 assists, 1 3-pointer at Miami.|
• Ray Allen, Celtics: Six points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 3s in Cleveland.
• Jermaine O'Neal, Heat: Four points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks versus the Knicks.