Brazil can extend winning streak
Group D, the only group to feature identical 1-0 first-round group-stage finishes, takes to the pitch on Sunday as undefeated Brazil and Norway face off while winless Equatorial Guinea and Australia look to rebound from their opening-round losses.
• Brazil is unbeaten in 10 straight group-stage matches. Its last loss came in 1995 against Germany, the last time it failed to advance past the group stage.
• Brazil and Norway met at the 2008 Beijing Olympics quarterfinals. Goals by Daniela (44th minute) and Marta (57th minute) were enough to hold off a late penalty-kick goal by Siri Nordby (83rd minute) as Brazil defeated Norway 2-1.
• Marta and Cristiane are in search of their first shots on target, after failing to put one on frame in their opening-round match against Australia, despite their combined 127 touches in that game.
• Equatorial Guinea, which scored in every World Cup Qualifying game, is looking to score its first World Cup goal after being held goalless in its opening match against Norway.
• Lisa De Vanna, Australia's all-time leader in Women's World Cup goals with four, had only 43 touches in Australia's opening match (ninth best) and did not record a shot on goal. She will look to get on track against an Equatorial Guinea team that allowed only four shots on goal in its first-round match.