Chat with former Cowboy George Teague
Teague played nine seasons (1993-2001) in the NFL, his last four with the Cowboys, preceded by one in Miami, one in Dallas and his first three in Green Bay. He finished his career with two sacks and 15 interceptions. In 1999, Teague intercepted three passes, returning two for touchdowns.
The safety from Alabama is perhaps most well known for an incident he had with Terrell Owens back in 2000. Teague was playing for the Cowboys at the time and Owens with the San Francisco 49ers. During a game on September 24, 2000, Owens celebrated on the Cowboys' star at midfield after his first touchdown of the game. When Owens scored his second TD of the game and again ran to the Cowboy star at midfield to celebrate, Teague hit Owens from behind to knock him off the star.
Teague also owns the record for the longest interception return for a touchdown in the playoffs with a 102-yard score.
Currently, Teague coaches football at Harvest Christian Academy.
Send your questions for George now and join him in The Show on Wednesday at noon ET.
This chat is exclusive to ESPN Insiders
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz