Chat with Shahar Peer
The 19-year-old Peer began her mandatory military training in November 2005. She is currently ranked 16th on the WTA Tour, but when she isn't playing, she serves in the Israeli army.
Earlier this year, Peer reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open before losing to eventual champion Serena Williams. It was Peer's best result in a Grand Slam event.
Peer is the 11th seed at the Pacific Life Open and will play Sun Tiantian in the second round. Last year, she lost to eventual champion Maria Sharapova in the fourth round at this event.
Send in your questions for Shahar right now. Then, check back at 2:15 p.m. ET to see her answers.
This chat is exclusive to ESPN Insiders
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB