Chat with Scouts Inc.'s Gary Horton
Send your questions now and join Gary in The Show on Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET!
Buzzmaster (4:01 PM)
Gary will be joining us shortly! Keep sending in your questions!
Gary Horton (4:05 PM)
Hey, I took the red eye from SD to NYC today, as we are in draft mode, so today's chat will only last 30 minutes.
Dan, Lexington, MA.
Do you think NE will trade down with one of its 2 1st round choices?
Gary Horton (4:08 PM)
Even though that is not an AFL question I will answer it anyway. No one is better than Belichick and Pioli at working the draft. They are such good evaluators of talent that I would not be surprised to see that happen.
Buzzmaster (4:12 PM)
Sorry for the delay folks. Some technical problems. We'll have Gary back on in no time.
Big win against the Desperados Gary! What did Georgia do right in order to get this W, and could they do it again if these two teams met in the playoffs?
Gary Horton (4:29 PM)
Well Georgia has the best trio of WRs in the AFL. And they have more offensive weapons then teams have DBs. And Griesen is not afariad to go to his complementary WRs. Dallas has a good secondary but they are dependent on a good pass rush up front. And when they do not get a good pass rush their secondary becomes run of the mill.
Frank (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
As a new fan, how can I tell a good Jack linebacker from a bad one?
Gary Horton (4:30 PM)
Well the Jack LB has to really patrol between the tackles and be an excellent attack guy and a great tackler. But some of them are better in coverage and can bat down a lot of balls. They must be good athletes while also being physical.
Lane (Kukuihaele, HI)
I can't believe Arizona beat Utah. Do you think the Rattlers were pumped to play against their old coach? Or were the Blaze overconfident going in?
Gary Horton (4:32 PM)
I think Utah and Arizona are great offensive teams, capable of putting up points, but both have suspect defenses. They made no plays, no key stops, and as good as they are, I do not know that they continue to win and be a real contender by being one dimensional and that is exactly what they are. I was very surprised that Utah lost that game.
So much for the undefeated talk in regards to Dallas. What should Dallas take from this loss?
Gary Horton (4:34 PM)
Well you have to be concerned about how they played in the previous two weeks, with the comebacks. This is a team that has been living on the edge for a while. Like a lot of elite AFL teams they tend to play down to the competition, and I think georgia loss, maybe showed that you cannot just turn it on when you want to play. But I also think it showed Dallas that if they are not intense with their pass rush they are very vulnerable against good passing teams.
Chicago v. Philadelphia. Give us a little breakdown as far as what to watch for. And who you got winning?
Gary Horton (4:37 PM)
Well I think with Philadelphia's problems at quaterback and their weakened pass blocking, it is looking very good for Chicago. I think Chicago's defense will control this game, and right now Philadelhpia cannot convert on third and fourth downs, and if you cannot do that in this league you are in trouble. The Soul have hit a rough stretch, but I think once they get players back they will be okay.
Gary which team, hovering around the .500 mark do you see making a little run here? Are there any?
Gary Horton (4:39 PM)
I would say SJ is an interesting team with a lot of veteran playmakers. And having watched Columbus against a wounded Philadelphia team, I think they are a tough team. I also like the way Nashville has been playing with that young team. I think those are three teams to keep an eye on.
Gary Horton (4:44 PM)
Sorry for the short chat this week. I look forward to getting back to doing our regular hour long chats starting next week. Enjoy the games!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Schlabach
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 1:30 PMPTI co-host Michael Wilbon
- 1:30 PMESPNChicago Bears Chat
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:30 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky