Chat with Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Joyner-Kersee and 11 other athletes have forged together to create their own charity organization - Athletes for Hope. The goal of the organization is to ''educate, encourage and assist athletes in their efforts to contribute to community and charitable causes, to increase public awareness of those efforts and to inspire others to do the same.''
The other athletes that Hamm teamed up with to create Athletes for Hope are: Andre Agassi, Muhammad Ali, Lance Armstrong, Warrick Dunn, Jeff Gordon, Tony Hawk, Sister Andrea Jaeger, Alonzo Mourning, Mario Lemieux, Mia Hamm and Cal Ripken, Jr.
Joyner-Kersee is a six-time Olympic medalist, earning three gold, one silver and one bronze. Her three golds came in the heptahlon (in the 1988 and 1992 Olympics) and the long jump (1988). The silver came in the heptathlon in 1984 and the two bronzes came in the long jump in the 1992 and 1996 Games.
Joyner-Kersee went to UCLA on a basketball scholarship, earning All-America honors while starting all four years. She married Bob Kersee in 1986, the same year she gave up basketball to focus on competing in the heptathlon.
Send in your questions now, then join Joyner-Kersee on Friday at 11 a.m. ET!
This chat is exclusive to ESPN Insiders
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 12:00 PMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 1:00 PMDallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 2:00 PMGeauxTigerNation's Laney
- 2:00 PMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Newton
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 4:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 4:00 PMHornsNation's Wilkerson
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Matthew Berry
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMTideNation's Scarborough
- 12:00 PMWolverineNation's Rothstein
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMGiants with Youngmisuk
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Terry Blount
- 2:00 PMBuckeyeNation's Ward
- 2:00 PMSport Science's Brenkus
- 2:30 PMNFL with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMNFL with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMFootball Scientist KC Joyner