Chat with My Wish's Jennifer Walters
Walters's wish was to meet NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson. When My Wish set up to grant her the wish, the racing motif was inacted from the start, when the 16-year-old Walters was pulled over by a local police officer, complete with sirens blaring and lights flashing. The officer walked up to Walters and instead of giving her a ticket, he gave her a letter saying her wish to meet Johnson was going to come true.
ESPN SportsCenter's five-part "My Wish" series chronicles the granting of unique sports-related wishes for five children. Each story and experience will be featured on SportsCenter starting Sunday, June 24 and ending Thursday, June 28.
Walters will be stopping by Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. ET to chat. Send in your questions now!
Rookie Birmingham Alamaba
I loved your story on ESPN. Can you tell me how you are feeling currently and what advice would you give to other young ladies who must battle your disease? Warm Wishes Rookie
Jennifer Walters (1:15 PM)
My advice would be to stay positive no matter what. The chemo sucks, but you'll be ok if you believe in yourself.
It's great to see NASCAR nation represented in such a good way. Who would've been your second wish? Was it fun hanging out in the winner's circle?
Jennifer Walters (1:16 PM)
My second wish was to meet Alan Jackson. Yeah, it was a good time. It was crazier than it looked. Everyone spent a lot of time waiting for Jeff Gordon to come. It was awesome.
Great wish! Do you want to be the first female NASCAR driver?
Jennifer Walters (1:17 PM)
Actually no I don't . I don't want to go 200 miles per hour. I'm content with just watching the races. i actually want to become a nurse.
Mary, Destin, Florida
What were you thinking when you first met Jimmie? Is he as nice in person as he is on TV?
Jennifer Walters (1:18 PM)
The first thing I thought was: Oh my God! Look how tall he is and what a really nice guy he was.
Why'd you pick Jimmie Johnson?
Jennifer Walters (1:19 PM)
I thought it would be cool to go to a race and meet him and my family are all race fans.
Dave, New York
Jennifer, Loved your wish...What was your favorite moment?
Jennifer Walters (1:19 PM)
My fav moment was when I was in a Chevy Nova going 100 mph. It was the fastest I'd ever been. It wasn't scary at all.
Jennifer Walters (1:20 PM)
Everytime I see Jimmie Johnson I think " I met that guy, I met that guy." It poured down rain on us while we were there, but it didn't dampen the fun we had at all.
Jennifer Walters (1:21 PM)
Thanks everybody for watching. It was a great time and I had a blast. This was a lot of fun and I want to thank everyone for a great time in my life.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 12:00 PMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 1:00 PMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 1:30 PMMichael Wilbon on NBA Finals
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 2:00 PMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Terry Blount
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 4:00 PMHornsNation's Strickland
- 4:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMDawgNation's David Ching
- 12:00 PMMusician Darius Rucker
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 3:00 PMNHRA's A. Brown, C. Force
- 3:00 PMFantasy NASCAR Focus
- 4:00 PMGatorNation's Mike DiRocco
- 4:00 PMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz