Chat with Robert Ward
Ward plays himself in the non-fiction work - the eight-part series airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET. During the 1977 baseball season, Ward was a writer for Sport Magazine. He created a stir with a story he wrote in which he quotes Reggie Jackson as saying he is "the straw that stirs the drink," when talking about the Yankees. The quote added some tension to an already unsettled clubhouse.
"The Bronx is Burning" is based on Jonathan Mahler's book by the same name. It chronicles the the tumultuous Yankees season of 1977. The story is of the Yankees attempt to win their first title in 15 years. The baseball season is set against an even more unsettled New York City. The "Son of Sam" killer inserted fear into the city, while New York was hit with lawlessness due to an extended blackout in the city.
Send in your questions for Robert Ward now and check back to chat with him Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET!
This chat is exclusive to ESPN Insiders
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz