Chat with Major League Gamer Fearitself
Kats is a member of the professional gaming team, Triggers Down. "Fearitself" is having a spectacular season with strong finishes at each Major League Gaming regular season competition including an exceptional first place victory at the recent Orlando competition. Known for his consistent play and exceptional long-range accuracy, Fearitself has emerged as one of the top breakout superstars in pro gaming this year.
Send your questions for Fearitself now and join The Show at 4 p.m. ET on Friday!
Fearitself (4:02 PM)
Thanks to MLG for letting me do this ESPN chat, and thanks to all the people who sent in questions.
Josh(South Bend, Indiana)
Congrats on your victorys i havent been to an mlg event but i want to how electrifing is it to be on the main stage playing in the championship round?
Fearitself (4:03 PM)
If you haven't been to an event, I highly suggest you get to one! Just going to one is one thing--it's an amazing atmosphere, but playing on the main stage, especially in the Finals, is one of the greatest experiences of my life. It's the most intense rush you could ever experience. In Orlando, the finals were ridiculous and electrifying.
Dave (Alberta, Canada)
What are your predictions for Toronto?
Fearitself (4:04 PM)
My predictions for Toronto, since I don't like to predict my own team, my top three would be Final Boss, Str8 Rippin', and Instinct.
How is TDs chemistry coming along with the addition of Mackeo.And is he going to still play a leader like role?
Fearitself (4:05 PM)
The chemistry and our teamwork are coming along great. Mackeo is a really strong player. We seem to be gelling online, and I don't think bad team chemistry will be affecting us. I would say that him being a leader is just how he is as a Halo player. It's just going to help our team out even more.
Oliver (Manahawkin, New Jersey)
How do you manage to balance your halo life, and your life outside of halo?
Fearitself (4:07 PM)
You have to fit as much Halo time as you can into your life without messing up any real life activities or situations. Live your regular life, but everything else is Halo.
Austin (branford, Connecticut)
Have your family/friends always been supportive of what you do?
Fearitself (4:09 PM)
No, actually. When I first started playing a lot of Halo in 2005, my parents didn't like it, because I really wasn't going to sleep at night anymore. I was playing when I got home from school, so they were against it. My friends thought it was cool, but I have to give up a lot further down the road because of the amount of time it calls for. Since I've been doing well at tournaments, my friends think it's pretty amazing, and my parents watch at home and enjoy it.
Nate (Biddeford, Maine)
What are you're reactions on all of the recent team changes and who do you think is affected most by it?
Fearitself (4:11 PM)
It was inevitable. If a top team like Final Boss decided to make a roster change, it's going to have a domino affect. I don't really like it, because I like to keep the same lineup and build chemistry in each event. It's inevitable sometimes so you just have to come out the best in it. I think Str8 will be affected by it the most. They seem to be a close group of guys, and for a close friend to leave the team will have a big emotional effect.
jared grand rapids michigan
what controller layout and sensitivity do you play at?
Fearitself (4:11 PM)
I play inverted, sensitivity 3, and bumper jumper. No vibration.
Brandon (Marietta, GA)
Who is your favorite player?
Fearitself (4:14 PM)
My personal favorite player has always been OGRE2, since Halo 1, 2, and 3. He seemed to outsmart everyone. Every decision he makes is the right one, but he also outskills people. He's still at the top skill-wise.
If you had to bring back a halo 2 map which one would you bring back? And what map do dislike the most in MLG?
Fearitself (4:15 PM)
I'd bring back Midship. It seemed to be a great map for all the gametypes. I don't know how it would play with Halo 3's playstyle, but it was easily the best in Halo 2. The map I dislike the most is definitely Amplified. It seems to be a tossup. There's no real way to hold down setups, and it's probably the most random map. I don't think anyone really likes it.
Fearitself (4:16 PM)
Thanks for letting me do this, thanks to everyone who wrote in, and a big shoutout to all the TD supporters in Orlando. Hopefully we'll see you in Toronto!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky