Insider Fantasy Top Performers chat!
We're calling them "Insider Fantasy Top Performers" and here's how it will work: After watching Sunday's games, as well as the Monday Night game, we'll ask some of the day's biggest stars to join us. These chats will be open to all ESPN.com users, but only Insiders are eligible to get their questions answered.
On Tuesday, Harrison stops by to chat about his team's upcoming playoff game against the Chargers on Sunday. On Monday, Harrison was named the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year. He finished the season with 101 tackles and a Steelers record 16 sacks.
In order to ask your question, log in below, or join Insider today! In addition to access to these exclusive chats, Insiders get the most in-depth sports coverage on the web, tools that help them win their fantasy leagues and other great membership benefits.
(Editor's Note: Players participating in Insider chats have been compensated by ESPN.)
Come on back to chat on Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET!
ESPN The Magazine Subscribers:
Activate your Insider account
Want to know more?
Buzzmaster (3:55 PM)
James Harrison will be here soon!
Where did you get the nickname Silverback?
James Harrison (4:07 PM)
It came from Joey Porter, and I got that name because of my strength.
How does it feel to have won Defensive MVP?
James Harrison (4:08 PM)
It feels good. It is a tremendous honor to receive it, and to know that I have played at a level to deserve the award.
Stephen, Concord, NC
Good luck this next week. As a UNC alum, I am kind of hoping you can show our old NC State friend Phil Rivers a little bit of the Pittsburgh turf. Any chance you can do that for us?
James Harrison (4:09 PM)
I am hoping to do whatever it is to help the team win. If that means getting a few sacks than that's great, but if it's not than so be it. I am going to do whatever it is to help us win.
How has the transition been from having Clark on the other side to having Lamar?
James Harrison (4:10 PM)
It is just a new fresh body on the other side. It is not really too much of a difference. Lamar may be a little more aggresive but this year we just really fed off each other.
Stephen, Concord, NC
Whats up James! Congrats on the award...well deserved. Which Quarterback is the toughest in the league to tackle...or all they all basically tackling dummies with arms?
James Harrison (4:11 PM)
It depends who you go against. Some guys are slippery and others are tougher to bring down because of their size. So it depends who you are going up against.
What are you guys going to have to do to stop Phillip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers?
James Harrison (4:12 PM)
We need to stop the run and contain the pass. So everything we always try to do. We need to have our guys stay disciplined.
James, what kind of offseason workouts do you do to get ready for the season?
James Harrison (4:14 PM)
I start endurence training and then go to power lifting and then maybe a combination of speed and power lifting and rotate that throughout the season. And of course there is also speed and endurance running.
Are you still the backup longsnapper?
James Harrison (4:14 PM)
As of right now, what has been your favorite moment in the NFL on the field?
James Harrison (4:15 PM)
When we won the Super Bowl.
Do you play with a chip on your shoulder?
James Harrison (4:16 PM)
I would not say that. Maybe it's a chip. I call it an edge.
James Harrison (4:18 PM)
Thank you for chatting and I am ready to get back to preparing for this week's game.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz