Insider Fantasy Top Performers chat!
We're calling them "Insider Fantasy Top Performers" and here's how it will work: After watching each weekend of playoff games, we'll ask some of the day's biggest stars to join us. These chats will be open to all ESPN.com users, but only Insiders are eligible to get their questions answered.
As Ben Roethlisberger's second favorite target during the regular season, Holmes provided a solid effort in last week's playoff game. He was a part of the Steelers' balanced offense that produced 165 yards rushing and 177 yards passing. Holmes caught two passes for 25 yards. During the regular season, Holmes caught 55 passes for 821 yards, both second on the team. The Steelers host the Ravens on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET.
In order to ask your question, log in below, or join Insider today! In addition to access to these exclusive chats, Insiders get the most in-depth sports coverage on the web, tools that help them win their fantasy leagues and other great membership benefits.
(Editor's Note: Players participating in Insider chats have been compensated by ESPN.)
Come on back to chat on Friday at 3 p.m. ET!
ESPN The Magazine Subscribers:
Activate your Insider account
Want to know more?
Santonio Holmes (3:03 PM)
Hey what's going on? Happy to be hear to answer your questions, so let's get it started.
what's your favorite thing to do outside of playing football?
Santonio Holmes (3:04 PM)
Right now, I like to spend time with my puppy. I just got a grey pitbull and I just sit at home and play with him.
How do you guys try to combat the Ravens defense?
Santonio Holmes (3:09 PM)
Well Kevin, they first thing that we will try to do is attack the weak part of their defense. Next, our playmakers will have to step up and make big plays.
How big will homefield advantage play in this game?
Santonio Holmes (3:11 PM)
Home field advantage is like having a 12th man, especially on defense. It allows the sense of extra security.
I have a feeling it's going to be cold on Sunday. How will you guys deal with the weather during the game?
Santonio Holmes (3:12 PM)
We know the circumstances and we just have to be tough guys and tough it out. I does help that we have heaters and heated benches on the sideline.
You played basketball in high school. Did you ever want to play in the NBA?
Santonio Holmes (3:13 PM)
Going into my 8th grade year, I broke my leg. After that I lost all my confidence and football became more important.
Everyone keeps calling Ravens-Steelers a rivalry. But is it really a rivalry if you guys keep beating the snot out of Baltimore?
Santonio Holmes (3:14 PM)
(laughing) It's always going to be a rivalry. You always look to see who's going to beat the snot out of who and that's why it's a rivalry.
Burwell (Addison, PA)
Thanks for chatting Santonio! Have you guys been doing anything differently this week to prepare for Baltimore, or is it just business as usual?
Santonio Holmes (3:16 PM)
It's still business as usual. We are just correcting the thing that we need to be corrected.
Robert (Latrobe, PA)
Santonio, how has Hines Ward helped you in your development? I can't think of a better guy to help a young player learn the position.
Santonio Holmes (3:17 PM)
He took me under his wing and allowed me to play within myself and play the way I play on the field. Hines is a smart guy that knows everything about the offense. Us younger guys have learned a lot from him.
Santonio Holmes (3:18 PM)
Oh and just for fun we like to call him Pappa Smurf.
Jon(College Park, Md)
What do you feel is the most important thing the offense needs to do to establish itself early in the ball game? And no, an 80 yard TD bomb to you doesn't count :)
Santonio Holmes (3:19 PM)
(laughing) We just need to play within our offensive game plan. If we do that, then hopefully everything will work out for the best.
Santonio Holmes (3:25 PM)
It's been fun answering all your questions. Visit www.yardbarker.com/santonioholmes where you can send me questions and read my blog. Continue to support the Steelers!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky