Chat with Andy Katz
Send your questions now and join Andy on Tuesday at 11 a.m. ET!
Andy Katz (11:05 AM)
Here to chat for a bit.
Andy.... will the March 7 season-ender between Pitt and UConn be the most-anticipated regular season game in years? If they hold serve, they'll enter that game as #1 and #2 in the polls.
Andy Katz (11:09 AM)
Hard to say. Let's see what happens with Marquette against Pitt or Connecticut. Also, don't count out Louisville just yet. The Cardinals are still right there to win the league. They could be going for the league title later that night in Morgantown.
ben (lawrence, ks) [via mobile]
if KU wins out and wins the big 12 tourney, do they get a 1 seed?
Andy Katz (11:10 AM)
I don't see KU having the overall resume to get a No. 1 seed but KU could be climbing higher and higher from a No. 4.
Brian(Milford, CT) [via mobile]
hey Andy,how many A-10 teams do you see in the tournament?
Andy Katz (11:11 AM)
Maybe two. Definitely Xavier. Not 100 percent convinced on Dayton just yet. I expect the Flyers to be in but waiting to make sure they don't flop.
John (Hamden, CT)
Is Wake still a viable national championship contender in your mind?
Andy Katz (11:13 AM)
Yes. Need to play some defense on the 3-point line, though.
If Siena College doesn't win the MAAC do they have a shot at an at-large bid?
Andy Katz (11:14 AM)
Have a shot, but it could be difficult based on what happens around the country. Siena has a great power rating, but didn't win key games outside of the MAAC.
What are your thoughts on Renardo Sidney going to USC?
Andy Katz (11:15 AM)
I want to make sure he actually plays next season instead of going overseas or wherever before making a judgment.
You don't see Temple getting a bid if they can knock off Dayton Saturday?
Andy Katz (11:15 AM)
No I don't.
Andy, Is there anything Siena can do to "ensure" itself an at large bid? Even though they lost the "difficult" non conference games, does the committee consider the fact they were competitive at both Kansas and Pitt (where nobody wins) or is it you lost too bad?
Andy Katz (11:16 AM)
Win. That's what they have to do.
James (Dallas, TX)
Can Notre Dame make the NCAA Tournament without winning the Big East Tourny? Is UCONN a must win for that to happen?
Andy Katz (11:22 AM)
If the Irish get to 8-10 or 9-9 and then win a game or two they should get into the field.
timmy c. (lancaster, pa)
can u defend a 2 seed for memphis?
Andy Katz (11:24 AM)
Sure. Memphis may not lose again and would have a gaudy record and is playing as well as anyone in the country. If other teams continue to lose then they have a chance to move up.
Hey Andy love your stuff. Can you just tell me what you think of the Utes and how high of a seed can they get if they win out?
Andy Katz (11:35 AM)
Utah is playing exceptionally well right now. The Utes are a lock in my book barring a collapse.
paulkieffer71 [via mobile]
what do u think of providences chanes of gettinhg in the field
Andy Katz (11:36 AM)
Need to beat Pitt and then do even more the rest of the season and in the Big East tournament.
if basketball had a bcs system who would be the two best teams
Andy Katz (11:42 AM)
Thankfully they don't. Pitt vs. NC?? This could be changed daily.
Andy Katz (11:43 AM)
Thanks for the chat today. We'll chat again next week.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 12:00 PMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 2:00 PMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 2:00 PMGeauxTigerNation's Laney
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 2:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Newton
- 3:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 4:00 PMHornsNation's Strickland
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMDawgNation's David Ching
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 1:00 PMDallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor
- 2:00 PMNFL with Jamison Hensley
- 3:00 PMFantasy NASCAR Focus
- 4:00 PMGatorNation's Mike DiRocco
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNFL with Paul Kuharsky
- 12:00 PMWolverineNation's Rothstein
- 12:00 PMTideNation's Scarborough
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMJohn Oreovicz on Indy 500
- 3:00 PMBoxer Delvin Rodriguez
- 4:00 PMFootball Scientist KC Joyner