Chat with Chase Coffman
Coffman earned the 2008 John Mackey Award as the nation's top tight end. He caught 10 TD passes in 2008, to bring his career total to 30. He also had career highs in both receptions (90) and receiving yards (987).
According to Coffman's Scouts Inc.'s draft profile, his "hands are outstanding. A reliable target. Will make the tough catch in traffic. Can snatch the ball on the run and get upfield without losing much time in transition. Also has proven consistently capable of catching the ball thrown over his head."
Send in your questions now, then join Coffman on Thursday at 1 p.m. ET!
Check out what other prospects have said in chat!
James Kennedy (St. Louis, Mo.)
How are you preparing for the transition from college to the NFL?
Chase Coffman (1:00 PM)
Right now I'm lifting and trying to get my foot better. I'm really just trying to get healthy.
Isaac (Atlanta, Ga.)
What are your personal expectations heading into your rookie season?
Chase Coffman (1:01 PM)
I want to play a lot and hopefully turn into a starting tight end. I just want to do what I can to help my team and hopefully make the Pro Bowl.
Ali (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
What can you bring to a team that no other tight end in the draft can bring?
Chase Coffman (1:02 PM)
My work ethic. I also can catch the ball, get open and do whatever it takes to make a play.
Sam (Jersey City, N.J.)
Chase, why should you get drafted?
Chase Coffman (1:03 PM)
Because I'm a play maker. I showed what I can do in college and I'm sure I can continue to do those same things in the NFL.
James (Laurel, Md.)
What NFL tight end would you compare yourself to?
Chase Coffman (1:04 PM)
I would say Jason Witten from the Dallas Cowboys. He's a great receiver and he gets the job done.
I know that you recently had surgery on your left foot, how are you feeling?
Chase Coffman (1:05 PM)
I'm feeling a lot better. Hopefully within the next week, my doctors will allow me to start running.
Amy (South Bend, Ind.)
Who is your biggest idol on the football field? Why?
Chase Coffman (1:06 PM)
Being from the Kansas City area I would say Tony Gonzalez. He's one of the best tight ends in the league year end and year out.
Dan (Akron, Oh.)
Do you feel you are ready to make an immediate impact in the NFL?
Chase Coffman (1:07 PM)
Yes I do. Especially with my receiving skills, I believe that I can come in a help a team out.
Zach (Houston, Texas)
What's been the part of this whole draft preparation process that has been the most difficult?
Chase Coffman (1:09 PM)
The fact that I got injured in the bowl game and I haven't been able to show scouts what I can do at the NFL combine and Pro Day.
Shawn (Charlotte, N.C.)
What was your greatest memory about playing football at Missouri?
Chase Coffman (1:10 PM)
I would say, winning that last bowl game. Being able to build our program from what it was to what it is now.
Rico (Miami, Fla.)
What would you tell people about yourself who don't know who you are?
Chase Coffman (1:11 PM)
I'm a hard worker, I love the game of football and I will do what I have to do to have the longest NFL career possible.
James (Columbia, Mo.)
How you feel about the Tigers against the Tigers tonight? Do you think that Missouri has what it takes to knock off Memphis?
Chase Coffman (1:12 PM)
I do think that they have what it takes. They have to be on their game. It should be a fun one to watch! GO Mizzou!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt (Norman, OK)
What's the one learning experience in college that you will take with you to the NFL?
Chase Coffman (1:13 PM)
Just keep working hard and don't get caught up in what other people have to say about you.
Brian (Washington, IL)
Who do you want to get drafted by?
Chase Coffman (1:14 PM)
That's a tough question. I'm just looking to play and help whichever team drafts win.
Chase Coffman (1:16 PM)
Thank you for all the great questions. Hopefully I'll see you this upcoming football season on Sunday instead of Saturday's! Let's go Mizzou, Elite Eight bound!!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMDawgNation's David Ching
- 12:00 PMYanks with Wally Matthews
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMDallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor
- 1:30 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 3:00 PMFantasy NASCAR Focus
- 4:00 PMGatorNation's Mike DiRocco
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMWolverineNation's Jennings
- 12:00 PMBraves' P Craig Kimbrel
- 12:00 PMMets with Adam Rubin
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMJohn Oreovicz on Indy 500
- 1:00 PMGiants with Youngmisuk
- 2:00 PMJets with Rich Cimini
- 2:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 2:30 PMIndyCar's Ed Carpenter
- 3:00 PMBoxer Delvin Rodriguez
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMFootball Scientist KC Joyner
- 11:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 12:00 PMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 1:00 PMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMDallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor
- 2:00 PMGeauxTigerNation's Laney
- 2:00 PMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMGolf with Farrell Evans
- 3:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 4:00 PMHornsNation's Strickland