Chat with Antonio Pitalua
Pitalua takes on Edwin Valero Saturday night on HBO PPV for the vacant WBC lightweight title. At 39, Pitalua enters the ring at 46-3, with 40 wins via knockout. He has won his last 14 fights, all by KO.
Send in your questions now, then join Pitalua on Tuesday at 3:15 p.m. ET!
What are you going to need to do in order to beat Edwin Valero?
Antonio Pital˙a (3:23 PM)
I need to look forward and play out my fight plan. Fight with guts. This is my last train and I have to jump on it. With my experience, hard work, and dedication I have no doubt that I will be champion on April 4th.
Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
Antonio Pital˙a (3:29 PM)
My family, and that desire I have to be world champion. When I left Colombia, I told myself that I would do it for my family, my kids, and for my country. But most importantly it all goes back to family.
What is it like being the WBC Lightweight Champion?
What makes you a better boxer than Edwin Valero?
Antonio Pital˙a (3:31 PM)
I fight on guard, and I have more experience. My hits are better. I am inteligent in the ring.
What part of your game most needs to be improved?
Antonio Pital˙a (3:32 PM)
I think i could make my punch combinations better and any fighter can be better if they get faster.
Do you expect to KO Edwin Valero?
Antonio Pital˙a (3:36 PM)
Thank you all very much for joining me today. God bless you all and let there be no doubt that Pitalua will be world champion on Saturday.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB