Chat with Major League Gamer Clutch
Price is a member of the professional gaming team, Believe the Hype. "Clutch" and his squad broke out at the recent MLG Meadowlands '09 competition with a spectacular third place finish despite holding the 11th seed entering the competition. Living up to his name with numerous momentum plays, Clutch led Believe the Hype to major upsets over MLG mainstays Classic, Triggers Down, and Str8 Rippin.
Send your questions now and join Price in The Show at 4 p.m. ET Friday!
Buzzmaster (4:02 PM)
'Clutch' will be here shortly, everyone!
Clutch (4:03 PM)
I'd just like to thank everyone for their support at Meadowlands. Keep it coming!
Coming into meadows what were expecting to place? I'm sure 3rd was a little suprise?
Clutch (4:04 PM)
Our goal is to place in the top six. We had our minds set on that. We knew we could do it as long as we kept our minds in the game. We're confident.
Alex Statler (Jackson, MO)
What did you have the first series against Triggers Down, that you lacked during the second series?
Clutch (4:04 PM)
We had a lot of confidence in the first series, and we had just come off of a big loss in the second series. I just don't think we were in the right mood to play.
Lloyd Durbin : Totnes, Devon
In Meadowlands, which team were you most proud of beating and why?
Clutch (4:05 PM)
I was proud of beating Str8 Rippin, because they were looked at as the team to beat, and last year's national champions.
Mitchel Wood Indianapolis IN
Are you going to make any changes to the roster. If so, who are you going to pick up.
Clutch (4:06 PM)
We're not planning on making any changes. We plan on sticking with it and keeping practicing every day. Our roster is fine where it's at.
Eli NY NY
how did u prepare for meadows? And do you think you will place that high again?
Clutch (4:07 PM)
To prepare for Meadowlands, we practiced almost every day online that we could for as long as we could, maybe three to four hours a day. It really paid off and it shows that practice pays off.
Could we see you guys in the championship at columbus? I'm sure some of the teams like Str8 will definately get some practice in this time.
Clutch (4:08 PM)
Not to sound cocky, but with a confident mindset, I can definitely see us there. We will practice all we can, and any team that comes in there, we'll have the mindset that we can beat them, and we will beat them.
To what extent did the mainstage effect your individual gameplay?
Clutch (4:10 PM)
Playing on the main stage with the crowd and atmosphere really pumped me up. If you can channel that adrenaline to pumping you up, you can make your shot better. i think it helped me personally.
Taylor (Richmond, Va)
How did you keep your composure and positive mindset after being down to STR8 2-0.
Clutch (4:11 PM)
I knew we had what it took to come back and beat them. I've done it before against lesser teams. I've come back down 2-0. If you keep positive, you always have a chance to come back. It ended up paying off.
JK (LC, NM)
what did you do to bring your gameplay up to the next level, did it require you working with your new team on a different level?
Clutch (4:12 PM)
I played a ton to make myself individually better. I played every day at least for a few hours in the offseason. Playing with my team made me good, and playing against the top 8 teams helped a lot. seeing what they do good and what I could put into my game.
Clutch (4:13 PM)
I'd just like to thank our fans and everyone out there who was cheering BtH. I'd like to give a shout out to my teammates, Richie, Mom and Dad, and all my friends at school.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson