Chat with Mark Sanchez
Sanchez, a quarterback from USC, is one of the consensus top picks in the 2009 NFL draft. According to Mel Kiper, Sanchez "is definitely one of the top five to eight players available. If he slides to the 10th spot or later, he'll qualify as a major steal. Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft."
Sprint NFL Mobile Live allows fans to watch a live telecast of the draft on their mobile phones, as well as read Sanchez's and other players' takes on their NFL draft experiences. NFL Mobile Live is free of charge to Sprint data subscribers with no usage limits and you can only get it if you're a Sprint customer. You can download NFL Mobile Live by texting 'NFL' to 7777. For more information go to Sprint.com/NFL.
Check out what other prospects have said in chat!
Send your questions now and join the chat on Tuesday at 3 p.m. ET!
Mark Sanchez (3:05 PM)
Excited to be here to answer your questions, let's get started!
Alex Klott, San Luis Obispo, CA
Hey, congrats on the great career at USC and your upcoming career in the NFL. I know you worked with Ramses Barden at ur Pro Day, what do you think of him, and would you like to have him as a target in the NFL?
Mark Sanchez (3:06 PM)
He's a big target and he's done really well. It was great to have him as well as Patrick Turner at my Pro Day.
SprungOnSports (Long Island)
What do you think separates you from other quarterbacks in this draft?
Mark Sanchez (3:07 PM)
I'm a complete player and a leader. Teams are saying that I have that "it" factor. Plus I'm a real student of the game.
Matt (Newport News, Va.)
which player are you most looking forward to meeting and/or playing against?
Mark Sanchez (3:08 PM)
Troy Polamalu ...he's a product of USC and I think it would be a fun matchup.
Who was your favorite NFL team growing up?
Mark Sanchez (3:09 PM)
I don't have a favorite team, never had one. Whichever team I play for this upcoming season will be my favorite team.
Greg Dalton, Georgia
Do you think your game will transfer quickly from a college player to an NFL player?
Mark Sanchez (3:10 PM)
I would like to think so. It has a lot to do with the organization that I go to more than just one guy. But I'm excited to see what will happen.
Mitchell (Cleveland, OH)
What was the reasoning behind going to the NFL instead of staying in college?
Mark Sanchez (3:12 PM)
When I got to USC I had two goals; one was to graduate, which I will do with a degree in communications on May 15 and the other was to play in the NFL and this opportunity was too good to pass up.
The 2009 Rose Bowl. Your first start against Arizona in 2007. Shutting out Notre Dame 38-0 in South Bend. Which one was most memorable to you?
Mark Sanchez (3:13 PM)
They're all great memories but I would say the Rose Bowl because it was my last game. My team played great and it was just a great day altogether.
Jeff (Phoenix, AZ)
Mark, thanks for all the winning and memories you provided at 'SC and for representing the university with so much class. Do you plan to maintain your ties to 'SC and visit and mentor the young players as so many alumni continue to do? Fight on!
Mark Sanchez (3:14 PM)
Thanks. Absolutely! I've been to spring practice already and I will continue to support SC the best way I can. Hopefully I'll be able to make it back to see a game next season.
Joe (Columbus OH)
Mark, as a ND fan, I was wondering how your team got so lucky to beat us these last few years? Kidding kidding... real question.... how do you respond to those who wonder if you'll be able to succeed without all the surrounding talent you had at USC?
Mark Sanchez (3:15 PM)
No luck needed ... luck is for the Irish!
Mark Sanchez (3:16 PM)
I did enjoy playing against Norte Dame these past couple of years!
Mark Sanchez (3:16 PM)
I think my skills will continue on the next level. I have the willingness to work hard and continue to learn and play the best that I can.
Hey Mark, How does it feel that you lived up to the lofty hype placed on you since your senior season at Mission Viejo? What do you credit the most in helping you transition from Top QB prospect into an early first round pick?
Mark Sanchez (3:18 PM)
The speed of the game picked up but it's been a fun transition. I attribute much of my success to my family and my quarterback coach Bob Johnson.
How do you plan to spend your first paycheck from the NFL?
Mark Sanchez (3:19 PM)
(laughing) I have no idea! I'll get something nice for my parents but other than that, I'll figure it out when I get there.
Mark Sanchez (3:21 PM)
Thanks for all the great questions. See you next season ...in the NFL!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 12:00 PMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 2:00 PMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 2:00 PMGeauxTigerNation's Laney
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 2:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Newton
- 3:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 4:00 PMHornsNation's Strickland
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMDawgNation's David Ching
- 12:00 PMYanks with Wally Matthews
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMDallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor
- 1:30 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 3:00 PMFantasy NASCAR Focus
- 4:00 PMGatorNation's Mike DiRocco
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMWolverineNation's Jennings
- 12:00 PMBraves' P Craig Kimbrel
- 12:00 PMMets with Adam Rubin
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMJohn Oreovicz on Indy 500
- 1:00 PMGiants with Youngmisuk
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Terry Blount
- 2:00 PMJets with Rich Cimini
- 2:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 2:30 PMIndyCar's Ed Carpenter
- 3:00 PMBoxer Delvin Rodriguez
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMFootball Scientist KC Joyner