NBA's 65 in 65: Craig Smith
In his third year in the NBA, Smith, a Boston College product, remains a steady player off of Minnesota's bench. He raised his scoring average to career-high 10.1 points per game this year. Smith plays around 20 minutes a game. He also started 31 games this season.
Send your questions now and join Smith on Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET!
Watch the NBA Playoffs on ESPN & ABC and the Finals on ABC.
Marvin (St. Paul)
Of the teams in the playoffs, who do you think has the biggest homecourt advantage?
Craig Smith (2:02 PM)
Right now, it has to be the Lakers. They have dominated are year long and are 2-0 in the playoffs at home this season.
Yousef (Weston, MA)
You and Big Baby have a similiar build. What is the biggest challenge being a big man who is often matched up against taller opponents? Is height more important or strength?
Craig Smith (2:03 PM)
I think it's more strength. You have to be able to move and get your shot off. I like to move around and back folks down to get my shot off.
The Rhino! I have to say you are one of my favorite T-Wolves to watch. How far do you expect the Wolves to go next year?
Craig Smith (2:05 PM)
Thank you ...I think we have a chance to compete for a playoff spot. We've showed signs of maturity this season. Anything short of the playoffs next season, I think will be a disappointment.
RHINO! what happened to the FRO-HAWK?! Who do you model your NBA game after?
Craig Smith (2:07 PM)
(laughing) I had to get rid of the fro-hawk, too many people were rocking it. I like Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Bernard King, and Magic Johnson as a kid. But I patterned my game after Barkley the most. He was an undersized post player that was known for being physical.
Hey Craig-Do you have a favorite sportscaster or sports writer that did not play in the NBA?
Craig Smith (2:08 PM)
Craig Sager just based on his suit game!
Joe Lewiston Maine
What has been your biggest adjustment you had to make entering the pros?
Craig Smith (2:09 PM)
I would say taking my conditioning to the next level. Every offseason I have to work harder and harder to stay in shape because these guys run up and down the court like deer.
Craig, Do you have any pre-game rituals?
Craig Smith (2:10 PM)
(laughing) The night before a game, I have to have two honey buns.
Benjamin (Chestnut Hill)
What was Al Skinner like to play for?
Craig Smith (2:11 PM)
Al Skinner was a great coach! One of the best coaches I've ever played for. I'm thankful I had an opportunity to play for him and help turn things around in Chestnut Hill.
Justin - Brookline, MA
I loved you at BC! You were really turning things around in Minnesota before Jefferson got hurt. Aside from him regaining his health, what is the thing you guys need the most to improve your record next season?
Craig Smith (2:13 PM)
We need to come and be aggressive early. We need to get off to a good start and that will give of confidence throughout the season and it will show the league that we are contenders.
max friet [via mobile]
If the wolves get the first pick, who would you like to see them draft?
Craig Smith (2:16 PM)
I think Hasheem Thabeet will be a good fit for us.
Louis Hinnant (Hungary)
Who is the best point guard that you have played with?
Craig Smith (2:18 PM)
Randy Foye, he's a very talented player.
Craig Smith (2:20 PM)
Thanks for taking the time to send me your questions. Have a blessed day!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz