Chat with Manny Pacquiao
Pacquiao (48-3-2) squares off with Ricky Hatton (45-1) in a light welterweight title bout Saturday live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on HBO PPV at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.
An aggressive lefthanded slugger, Pacquiao is known as one of the hardest punchers at any weight. He is 14-1-2 in his last 17 fights and hasn't lost a fight since March 19, 2005 against Erik Morales. Pacquiao is currently ranked the No. 1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world by Ring Magazine with Ricky Hatton ranking No. 8.
Send in your questions now and then join Pacquiao at 1 p.m. ET Wednesday!
Tyler/ SLC, UT
You are representing your entire country. Does the pressure get to you?
Manny Pacquiao (1:03 PM)
No, the pressure doesn't get to me. I like to perform and entertain.
What are the keys to you countering the constant pressure Hatton will bring to the fight?
Manny Pacquiao (1:04 PM)
My speed, my in and out movement and my legs will be the keys to countering Hatton.
What do you think of Roach's statement that you'll knockout Hatton in 3 rounds?
Manny Pacquiao (1:05 PM)
(laughing) That's his opinion. My job is to train for a twelve round fight. Hatton is a good fighter and I'm prepared for it to be a war.
Tim (Pittsburgh, PA)
Manny, what do you expect from Hatton on saturday?
Manny Pacquiao (1:05 PM)
I expect Ricky to be at his best. I expect him to be prepared.
louie (san pablo city,laguna)
Do you perform any ritual before you go into your fights?
Manny Pacquiao (1:06 PM)
They only ritual I have is praying. I ask for protection for me and my opponent and for me to fight my best.
Maciek from Poland
Do you think you are the best fighter in the world, better than hatton, mayweather or anybody else?
Manny Pacquiao (1:07 PM)
I think of myself as a good fighter. I work hard in the gym and do by best in every fight that I have.
Derek (Houston, TX)
I saw on the HBO show that your mother will be attending a fight of yours for the first time ever. Where will she sit? Would you want her as close to the ring as possible, or further away, out of your eyesight?
Manny Pacquiao (1:08 PM)
My mom will sit in the first row. She will be one of my inspirations.
Karol, Gdynia (Poland)
Nowadays you are the best boxing champion in the world. At what age did you realize that you could be the number one of pound-for-pound fighter in the world?
Manny Pacquiao (1:09 PM)
Last year when I turned 29. My goal wasn't to be No. 1, it was to fight well and give the people what the want to see.
Korben: (Kearny, NJ):
Do you see a move back up to welterweight in your future or do you intend to stay within the lightweight-light welter range?
Manny Pacquiao (1:10 PM)
I think I can fight at any weight between 140-147. I'm still a growing boy.
Brian (Sacramento, CA)
Manny, What have you done to prepare for Hatton?
Manny Pacquiao (1:11 PM)
Train, train, train. Work hard and watch film.
Brian aka Fila(Las Vegas, NV)
If you win this fight Saturday, do you want to fight Mayweather Jr. next in the fall???
Manny Pacquiao (1:12 PM)
I'll fight anybody that my promoter puts in front of me but there aren't a lot of fighters out there that want to fight me.
Derek (Houston, TX)
Manny: I've really enjoyed watching the HBO show. Does having cameras around while you train distract you at all, or does it give you an advantage in knowing that the world is watching some of your training sessions?
Manny Pacquiao (1:13 PM)
Thank you for watching. Sometimes it's a distraction. At first it was hard to adjust but now I'm used to them. The crew members are my friends now.
Manny Pacquiao (1:16 PM)
Thank you to all my fans for their support. Tune in Saturday, May 2 to HBO/PPV at 9 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT to see me against Ricky Hatton live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Schlabach
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 1:30 PMPTI co-host Michael Wilbon
- 1:30 PMESPNChicago Bears Chat
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky