NBA's 65 in 65: Ryan Gomes
Throughout his four seasons in the NBA, Gomes has been a very steady player averaging 11.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. This past season he was third in scoring with 13.3 and fourth in rebounding with 4.8 for the Timberwolves.
Send your questions now and join Gomes in chat on Wednesday at noon ET!
Watch the NBA Playoffs on ESPN & ABC and the Finals on ABC.
Buzzmaster (12:02 PM)
Ryan is on his way!
Do you think that the Nuggets have a chance to win it all?
Ryan Gomes (12:15 PM)
I do think they have a chance to win it all. I think they have the best bench in the NBA and that will give them fire power in the later rounds.
Zack (Cleveland, OH)
What does Atlanta have to do in order to win a game against Cleveland?
Ryan Gomes (12:16 PM)
I think they have to push the tempo. They have a bunch of young athletic guys and they need to use that to their advantage.
Give a normal guy an understanding of how athletic Lebron is?
Ryan Gomes (12:17 PM)
To an NBA player he's the most exciting and most watched athlete because he is so athletic. To a normal guy, he's like those triathletes ...he can do anything.
Mike (East Windsor, NJ)
Who do you have going to the NBA finals?
Ryan Gomes (12:18 PM)
The two teams I have going to the finals are the Lakers and the Cavs.
Kim (atlanta, ga)
Which team wins it all?
Ryan Gomes (12:18 PM)
James (Trenton, NJ)
Who is the toughest player to get a rebound against?
Ryan Gomes (12:19 PM)
I would say Dwight Howard and at my position, small forward I would have to say LeBron.
Sam (Miami, Fl)
Who is your favorite player to watch right now?
Ryan Gomes (12:20 PM)
My favorite player to watch right now in the playoffs would have to be Kobe. He plays at a high level every night and I looks so effortless.
April (St. Paul)
Who do you pattern your game after?
Ryan Gomes (12:21 PM)
I don't really have one player. I'm a basketball junkie so I took a little bit from everybody.
Yollie (Madison, WI)
Who is the best player that you have ever played against?
Ryan Gomes (12:22 PM)
It would have to be Kobe Bryant. He's the best player in the NBA. I never got the chance to play against Jordan who I think is the greatest player of all-time so I'll have to go with the second best in Kobe.
What is your favorite moment of your career?
Ryan Gomes (12:23 PM)
When we made it to the NCAA tournament in college and starting my first game in the NBA.
Justin Behling (Boyceville, WI)
Do you think that you guys will be capable of contending for a playoff spot next season?
Ryan Gomes (12:24 PM)
Yes I do. This year we showed great success within our season. We have Jefferson back nest year and I think we can do some damage. Something like what Portland has been doing over the past couple of seasons.
Ant Feds - New Haven
Go Friars! What about your Providence career has best prepared you for the NBA?
Ryan Gomes (12:25 PM)
I think just playing in the Big East. Playing against all these great teams and having good competition was good for me.
What do you plan on improving during the offseason?
Ryan Gomes (12:26 PM)
This offseason I plan on working on scoring in the paint. Finishing at the basket more.
Eddy Long Beach
What was it like playing for a legend like Kevin McHale?
Ryan Gomes (12:27 PM)
It was great. He was one of the top 50 players to ever play this game. Playing for him was a great experience and it helped me grow as a player.
Who is the one player you would love to have on your team some day?
Ryan Gomes (12:28 PM)
I would have to say LeBron James.
Who's better, D-Wade or Kobe?
Ryan Gomes (12:28 PM)
Kobe without a doubt.
Is Kobe better than Lebron?
Ryan Gomes (12:30 PM)
Yes. I think Kobe is the best player in the NBA and I think that LeBron is the most exciting. Kobe's experience gives him the upper hand over LeBron.
What are your thoughts on Randy Foye? As a Villanova fan I'd love to see him grow into a very good player in the NBA.
Ryan Gomes (12:31 PM)
I think he can become a good player in the league. He played very well for us after being hurt the year before. I expect big things from him in the future.
What would you say is Minnesota's biggest need heading into next season?
Ryan Gomes (12:32 PM)
I think our biggest need is a center. We need more height. We have three picks and we'll just have to weight to see what we can grab with those.
Ryan Gomes (12:34 PM)
Thanks for all the questions. I tried to answer them as honestly as I could. Check for the Minnesota Timberwolves next season!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky