NBA's 65 in 65: Austin Carr
Going into their second season as a franchise, the Cleveland Cavaliers held the No. 1 overall pick in the 1971 NBA Draft and with their pick they selected Austin Carr, a high-scoring shooting guard and two-time All-American out of Notre Dame.
As a rookie, Carr quickly developed into the top option on offense averaging 21.2 points per game and became the first Cavalier named to the All-NBA Rookie Team. Carr is still the franchise leader in field goals made and attempted and ranks second in points scored.
He remains involved in the organization serving as Director of Community and Business Development as well as the full-time analyst for the Cavaliers Television Network. Cleveland retired his jersey on January 3, 1981.
Send your questions now and join Carr in chat on Monday at noon ET!
Watch the NBA Playoffs on ESPN & ABC and the Finals on ABC.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
- 12:00 PMBoxing with Dan Rafael
- 12:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 1:00 PMRichard Durrett on Rangers
- 1:00 PMRams with Nick Wagoner
- 1:00 PMNCAA BB 'Giant Killers'
- 2:00 PMBulls with Nick Friedell
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:15 PMGolf analyst Andy North
- 3:00 PMJaguars with Mike DiRocco
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Kevin Pelton