NBA's 65 in 65: Austin Carr
Going into their second season as a franchise, the Cleveland Cavaliers held the No. 1 overall pick in the 1971 NBA Draft and with their pick they selected Austin Carr, a high-scoring shooting guard and two-time All-American out of Notre Dame.
As a rookie, Carr quickly developed into the top option on offense averaging 21.2 points per game and became the first Cavalier named to the All-NBA Rookie Team. Carr is still the franchise leader in field goals made and attempted and ranks second in points scored.
He remains involved in the organization serving as Director of Community and Business Development as well as the full-time analyst for the Cavaliers Television Network. Cleveland retired his jersey on January 3, 1981.
Send your questions now and join Carr in chat on Monday at noon ET!
Watch the NBA Playoffs on ESPN & ABC and the Finals on ABC.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 12:15 PMUFC president Dana White
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 4:00 PMNBA Insider Kevin Pelton