Chat with Ohm Youngmisuk
Welcome to SportsNation! On Thursday, ESPNNewYork.com writer Ohm Youngmisuk stops by to chat.
Youngmisuk has covered New York sports since 1997. He has covered the NFL, Giants and Jets since 2006. He joined ESPNNewYork in 2010 after working at the New York Daily News for almost 12 years and is a graduate of Michigan State University.
Send your questions now and join Youngmisuk Thursday at 2 p.m. ET!
Ohm (2:00 PM)
Wud up guys. What you got?
Ohm (2:00 PM)
Wolverines haven't been any better for the last four years.
Ohm (2:01 PM)
Still think LBJ comes back strong tonight. But the best entertainment in sports is LeBron in the last minute. Doesn't get any more entertaining whether he hits shots or doesn't. Can't wait for the game!
Hey Ohmie, just wanted to let you know that I'm in the process of trying to get some extra tickets to the big house this fall!!Look up the BIG BLUE schedule and let me know when you're in the area ok? Thanks Buddy!!!!
Ohm (2:01 PM)
LL, I wish I could go to the State-UM game. But too hard to make it up there during football season with Giants playing next day.
Rich (New Jersey)
I don't expect too much from RGIII & the Redskins, so who'll give the Giants a hard time this year, the Eagles or the Cowboys?
Ohm (2:02 PM)
Both. And I wouldn't completely discount the Redskins (not from winning division but giving Giants a hard time, They swept them last year with Rex Grossman). I give the edge more to the Eagles than Cowboys, though.
Chris Fiegler (Latham,NY)
Do you think that Tom Coughlin will Retire after the 2014 Season?
Ohm (2:03 PM)
Chris, if I had to put money on it, if there is a team that still wants him to coach and my bet is there is, then no, he will not retire. Still got a lot of juice left in him.
Who poses the biggest threat to the Giants winning the division?
Ohm (2:04 PM)
Hey Alex, kind of answered this earlier but I think the Eagles. I think they will be better than last year. Cowboys right there too. And Redskins won't win division but they won't be easy to deal with for Giants either.
John(Cranbury, NJ) [via mobile]
The honorable Ohm presiding. I was wondering if you have been able to get a glimpse at the receivers yet? Obviously with Nicks out for a while, these guys will have a major chance to step up. Who is the #3 on opening day?
Ohm (2:05 PM)
Hard to say but the front-runner from a trust and comfortability standpoint is Hixon if he can stay healthy and the knee is ready. Barden made some nice catches last week at OTA but has to be more consistent. Jernigan not only has to be consistent but has to get a grasp of offense and develop rapport with Eli. And Randle has made an impression on coaching staff but still has much to learn.
Ohm (2:08 PM)
Alright guys, I guess that's all the questions I got today... see you all next week! I'll tweet from the White House tomorrow if I'm allowed to.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMNCAA BB with Jeff Goodman
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 3:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner