Chat with Sean Adams
Welcome to HornsNation! On Friday, writer Sean Adams stops by to chat about the Longhorns and everything else Texas.
Adams joined ESPN.com in 2012 after covering the University of Texas and national college football since 2001, most recently for Rivals. Each afternoon he hosts the top-rated show "The Adams Theory" on 104.9 The Horn - ESPN Austin. Email him at email@example.com.
Send your questions now and join Adams Friday at noon ET/11 a.m. CT!
Harry (Austin, TX)
Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame -- rank them one to three and why? Alabama, LSU, Florida and Georgia, if you had to rank the 7, where would they rank?
Sean Adams (12:07 PM)
I think you had them in order right there. Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame, and I'm iffy about two and three. I don't know where I would rank them as the seven, but think I get your point. I have never been the guy that would leave someone at the top of the rankings because they have not had a loss. I think Alabama and possibly Georgia are better than Kansas State and Notre Dame. But under this silly system we currently have that is not based on football but on schedule management, it is what it is.
Coby (Brownwood, TX)
What's up with the up and down season for Jaxon Shipley?
Sean Adams (12:10 PM)
It is the price of ding business on a team that wants to run but is still developing the passing game with a number of good receivers. I still think Jaxon will finish with better numbers than he had in 2011. Maybe that was not what he was looking for, but this offense is light years better than it was at this time last year. I bet he likes this year better.
Luke (Abilene, TX)
What are the odds that Tyrone Swoopes can come in take the job early?
Sean Adams (12:13 PM)
Zero. He has a huge upside. Check out Max's article on HornsNation.com. He talked with Trent Dilfer about his upside. He has a big upside. But he needs a ton of work. That pemise also overlooks Jalen Overstreet and Conner Brewer.
Luke (Abilene, TX)
What are the chances that Texas can really go on the road and beat Kansas State?
Sean Adams (12:17 PM)
I would put them at about 30 percent. But that's better than nothing, and plenty of teams with a 30 percent chance of winning get it done. Based on the season and the way it has played out, I would put it at 30.
Chris Fiegler (Latham, NY)
What is the worst game the Longhorns have played this season?
Sean Adams (12:19 PM)
It was the Kansas game by far for me. Ironically, the second half of that game was the point where the turnaround happen for the defense.
Sean, All this BCS bowl talk has me very optimistic. Do you really think that this team has a shot at winning these last two games and having a shot at a BCS bowl?
Sean Adams (12:23 PM)
The only way that will work is for Oklahoma to lose as well in my eyes. There is still an order to all of this. Oklahoma's beatdown of Texas is still on the minds of people, unless Oklahome loses and then Texas goes up to K-State and wins.
Corey (Austin, TX)
Now that Texas has things back on track will Mack Brown win a NC in the next couple of years like he said?
Sean Adams (12:29 PM)
It's not that easy but a lot of people feel better than they did a couple of weeks ago. Compare this Texas team right now with the teams being talked about in the National Championship hunt. Texas has a lot of work to do. I'm not willing to put 'em in it yet.
If you could build Texas' schedule, who would you negotiate games with?
Sean Adams (12:34 PM)
Tennessee, Washington, Florida and Arizona State. They already have Cal, USC and Notre Dame on the schedule.
Is the Big 12 going to keep expanding? Will SMU ever have a shot?
Sean Adams (12:36 PM)
The Big 12 will not expand unless it has to. I don't see that happening anytime soon. If by chance it did expand, I doubt it would be SMU.
How would you rate the OL perfromance as a whole this year.
Sean Adams (12:41 PM)
I think the OL performance has been better than last year but it sill has to get better. They are trying to manage through some talent and depth issues, so Searels is actually doing well with what he has. The young guys on campus and coming will enhance the line play and the depth.
Do you have any upset picks for the next few weeks?
Sean Adams (12:54 PM)
I think Oregon State will give Oregon all they can handle. Ohio State could beat Michigan. Florida State could beat Florida. USC can beat ND.
Lance (Austin, TX)
Does Johnathan Gray stay at Texas all four years?
Sean Adams (12:55 PM)
To early to tell if Gray stays all four years. I don't know how people think he could leave based on what he has done so far. A lot of football to be played.
Sean Adams (12:56 PM)
Have a great weekend. I'm watching football and going to Formula 1 here in Austin. Same time, same place next week.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky