Jenn from Anaheim, CA
Great game .. looked like you had a lot of fun. What did you think of Joffery Lupul?
Andrew Raycroft (9:22 PM)
Yeah, it was a great time, it's a good experience. Joffery is a talented player, I haven't really seen him a lot but he seems very skilled.
Andrew, you just got off the ice from teh game, what's going through your head right now?
Andrew Raycroft (9:31 PM)
Well, I'm a little tired right now, I'm just trying to wind down a bit before I go see my family and enjoy the rest of the evening.
Jonathan (new hampshire)
I'm a big fan Andrew! Keep it up! What kind of music do you listen to?
Andrew Raycroft (9:32 PM)
I'm a big fan of Coldplay right now, and I love Oasis ... and some Canadian bands ... Tragically Hip.
Andrew, do they call you "Razor" because you are so sharp in net?
Andrew Raycroft (9:34 PM)
I got that from Junior, I think it just evolved from Raycroft to Rays to Razor. Some guys were sitting around one day, threw that out there and it stuck.
Dan B(Bridgewater St. College, MA)
Hey Razor, As a big time Bruins fan its great to see you and the team doing so well. What do you think has helped you succeed so well, so early? How does having a veteran like Felix around help you?
Andrew Raycroft (9:36 PM)
Yeah, Felix has been outstanding, he's really helped me develop as a player and a professional. Having him around to watch how he handles himself has really helped me grow.
Shane (Hamilton, MA)
How different is it being the #1 goaltender for the Bruins as compared to playing in the minors?
Andrew Raycroft (9:38 PM)
It's very different. Obviously, in the minors, no one knows who you are and you are just working so hard everyday to make it to that next level. Here, you're in the spotlight all the time and there's obviously a lot more pressure on a day-to-day basis, you have to remember that someone is always watching and you have to be aware of that because you won't get away with anything.
what do you think about the size of the goalie equipment these day
Andrew Raycroft (9:40 PM)
Yeah, that's a hot topic these days. You know, I don't wear anything too outrageous -- I've never been accused of it anyway. It's too bad that some guys go a little bit over the top and it gives everybody a bad rap, but you know, goalies have to be protected. Shooters shoot the puck so hard these days and goalies need to be protected to take that.
Jason Arlington, MA
How do you prepare for each game? Do you have any superstitions?
Andrew Raycroft (9:42 PM)
I'm not really superstitious but I do have a bit of a routine. Most days we go to eat at the same place before a game -- Massamino's in Boston. So, we I do that but otherwise, there's nothing that I need to do everyday or every gameday. I think when it gets to that point it's a little excessive.
Ryan Fitzpatrick, West Boylston, MA
I am 8 yrs. old and play on the Lakers Mite 3 team and like it when I can be the goalie. I can't believe some of the saves you make. The best save was against the Detroit Red Wings when you stopped Brett Hull on a one-timer! I started skating when I was 3 and my dad brought me to family skate then at 4 I went to the Lakers Learn to Skate. Mostly I play out, but want to know when you started practicing to be a Goalie? Thank you and good luck this year we are happy your a Bruin! Ryan.
Andrew Raycroft (9:43 PM)
Hi Ryan. I started being a goalie probably when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was a player for two or three years but I just decided to be a goalie one day. Fortunately it just kind of worked out for me.
Whatsup Andrew, I've got you in my fantasy team and you have helped me lead my team into first place. I wanted to as you a question, if the Bruins get into the Stanley cup finals, who do you think they will face. You think, even with their latest struggles the blues have a chance?(They are right now out of the playoff picture , but a hot streak gets them right in again. But if the Blues are not the team, what other team do you think has a chance?
Andrew Raycroft (9:45 PM)
Thanks Andrew. Glad I could help. I don't know who we're going to face, yes, St. Louis is right there in the mix, but we really have to worry about getting ourselves to the playoffs first, before we start thinking about who we'll meet there. We've got a long way to go and a lot of teams we have to beat and a lot of improvements to make between now and then.
Andrew Raycroft (9:46 PM)
Ok everybody, I have to get going. Thanks for all of your questions and support! Good night.
Moderator (9:47 PM)
Thanks for joining us everybody. Tune in to the Skills Competition on ESPN right now (if you're not already)!! Great stuff! See you tomorrow at the All-Star game (3 p.m. ET on ABC). Take care!
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 12:00 PMHall of Famer 'Nique
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Jake Trotter
- 1:00 PMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Taylor
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMNHL with Craig Custance
- 2:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 3:00 PMNBA with Michael Wallace
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 1:00 PMBoxers Macklin, Tapia
- 2:00 PMFootball guru Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy NFL
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Matt Fortuna
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky