ESPN Dallas Hall of Fame
The five inductees to the 2011 ESPN Dallas Hall of Fame (with percent of votes):
1. Nolan Ryan (61.0)
2. Emmitt Smith (60.9)
3. Tom Landry (59.8)
4. Troy Aikman (47.6)
5. Roger Staubach (41.9)
The other nominees:
6. Lance Armstrong (33.2)
7. Michael Johnson (22.9)
8. Ben Hogan (21.1)
9. Tony Dorsett (18.7)
10. Byron Nelson (16.9)
11. Jerry Jones (14.5)
12. Doak Walker (12.0)
t-13. Bob Lilly (12.6)
t-13. Jimmy Johnson (12.6)
15. Ernie Banks (10.6)
16. Lamar Hunt (7.1)
17. Davey O'Brien (4.8)
18. Lee Trevino (4.6)
19. Joe Nieuwendyk (4.1)
20. Rolando Blackman (3.2)
You've been given the facts and the opinions of our panelists. And now, you have selected ESPN Dallas' inaugural Hall of Fame class. We took it upon ourselves to narrow the field to 20 deserving nominees. You have chosen five from the list of great ones, icons and legends.
Visit the discussion page to talk about who you think was snubbed and who the favorites are to join the Class of 2012.
Note: The panel considered only players and coaches who are retired or inactive. Other contributors with considerable service time were also eligible.
ON THE CLOCK
• Assessing the 20 DFW nominations
• Cowboys: Changing of the guard?
• Staubach or Aikman: Who's your QB?
• Star crossed: No room for every Cowboy
• Best on the links: Nelson or Hogan?
• Others who deserve consideration
• Did cloud of suspicion affect the ballot?
• Still going strong: Active figures on horizon
• All about diversity: Women who deserve nod
• Face of the class: Is there any doubt?
ON 103.3 FM
• Galloway & Company debate HoF candidates
• Coop and Nate weigh in on the Dallas Hall of Fame
• Ben and Skin iron out their HoF ballots
• Ben, Skin and Nate analyze HoF candidates
• Football Show challenges MacMahon's picks
• Narrowing the field of candidates
• MacMahon: Cowboys deserve first-class treatment
• Taylor: Don't forget natives who thrived elsewhere
• Pat Summerall knows his HOF selections well
• Nolan Ryan poised to enter as a class favorite
• Watkins: 1st Dallas HOF class lacks perspective
• Hot Button: Nowitzki or Modano as active rep?
• MacMahon: Staubach or Aikman? Style matters
• Taylor: Landry must be kept top of mind »
First class should be Boys' Club
Only debate for inaugural five should be which Cowboys won't make it into our Hall
By Tim MacMahon
The most important thing for a Hall of Fame is not to be inclusive or diverse. It is to honor the most deserving candidates.
That's why the inaugural ESPN Dallas Hall of Fame class should consist of nothing but Cowboys.
Paul K. Buck/AFP/Getty Images The NFL may never see another workhorse running back like all-time rushing leader Emmitt ...
Read full story