SportsNation Blog Archives Wayne Simmonds
Hockey has had two unfortunate incidents recently involving racist and homophobic behavior. The Flyers' Wayne Simmonds had a banana thrown at him during a game on Sunday, and now, he's being accused of calling Sean Avery a homophobic slur. Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke thinks the league should take action against Simmonds if he said what he's accused of saying, but what's your take?
A fine or suspension?
Wayne Simmonds said he was provoked by Sean Avery earlier in the game. He wouldn't be the first one to be riled by Avery's actions, but does that mean he should be free from punishment for his alleged slur?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz