SportsNation Blog Archives Canoe/Kayak - Slalom
Every four years, Olympic viewers get to see sports that otherwise don't draw much attention. Some seem like a lot of fun -- who doesn't love bouncing on a trampoline? Some, however, look like pure torture. Water polo players swim the entire match and do things that would get you kicked out of the Y. Open-water swimming comes with open-sea hazards (sharks, jellyfish, the Kraken). And what could be more cruel than a race in which you're disqualified for running? So we'll turn it to you: Which non-traditional Olympic sports would you like to try -- or avoid? And which do you enjoy watching? Vote below!
As Stepanka Hilgertova of the Czech Republic shows, it's a challenge just to stay on course when you're fighting the rapids. Is this a sport you'd like to try or one you'd rather avoid?
Chien-Ying Le of Chinese Taipei takes his sport seriously, as you'd expect at the Olympics. But they offer archery at summer camp, so it must be fun, right? Or would you prefer something more athletic, like springing tricks on a trampoline?
See for yourself
Chen Xu of China, left, with mixed doubles partner Jin Ma, shows how much speed and athleticism goes into Olympic badminton. Do you like watching the birdie? Or is fencing more your speed?
Go ahead ... admit it
If you like "Glee," maybe you also enjoy synchronized swimming, which is like a musical in a swimming pool, as shown by Team China. Or maybe dressage is more your thing. Which sport is your Olympic guilty pleasure?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 12:45 PMUFC's Chris Weidman
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:00 PMFootball Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMDolphins with Walker
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB