Chat with Mark Saxon
Welcome to SportsNation! On Thursday, ESPNLosAngeles.com's Los Angeles Angels writer Mark Saxon will stop by to chat some baseball.
Saxon is a staff writer for ESPNLosAngeles.com. He spent six years at the Orange County Register, and began his career at the Oakland Tribune, where he started an 11-year journey covering Major League Baseball. He has also covered colleges, including USC football and UCLA basketball.
Send your questions now and join Saxon Thursday at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT!
Mark Saxon (4:30 PM)
It looks like the Angels are off to a promising start to their longest road trip of the year. Let's get our second in-game chat of the season started, shall we?
oh right mark got a couple questions for yu do u think the no hitter mis call should be over turned rumor is derek lee goin to the angels true or false please respond back
Mark Saxon (4:32 PM)
Jake, I was thinking about that yesterday. Could the Commish overrule the call and call it a perfect game? Probably not. If he did, he'd have to review the 1985 World Series (remember the bad call at first?) and all the other key games with bad calls.It's not going to happen, but in a way Armando Galarraga is even more famous because of the way this happened.I don't see Derrek Lee coming to the Angels unless the Cubs pay a bunch of his $13.25 million salary. He's having a bad year and I don't see that he's necessarily a huge upgrade over Mike Napoli.
i think they will can the rangers win the division if not wat can they do to win it ? thanx
Mark Saxon (4:34 PM)
Travis, I think you're asking if I think the Rangers can win the division. My answer is: absolutely. Why not? I realize they've been disappointing lately, but so have the other teams in the division. It's beginning to look like whoever makes it from the West will be easy fodder in the playoffs. Then, again everybody said that about the Rockies a few years ago.
SprungOnSports (Long Island)
Mark, any words/thoughts/info on a possible Angels trade for Roy Oswalt? What pieces would Reagins be willing to put in play?
Mark Saxon (4:36 PM)
SOS,The latest word is the Astros are in no hurry to move Oswalt and I'd say the Angels are in no hurry to acquire an expensive starting pitcher right now. If they play well in the next month and Scott Kazmir continues to struggle, though, I wouldn't rule them out as players. I see their primary needs in the bullpen and the corners of the infield, though.
Mark Saxon (4:45 PM)
The rest of the questions are about the Lakers (is there a big game upcoming, or something?), so we'll wrap up a short chat.Have a good weekend everybody. We'll do the next one from the Coliseum, or whatever it's called these days, in Oakland.
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS (All Times PT)
- 8:00 AMNoleNation's David Hale
- 9:00 AMNFL with Dan Graziano
- 10:00 AMDallas' Jean-Jacques Taylor
- 10:00 AMSweetSpot's Schoenfield
- 10:00 AMCubs, Sox with Levine
- 11:00 AMGeauxTigerNation's Laney
- 11:00 AMNFL blogger Kevin Seifert
- 11:00 AMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 11:00 AMNASCAR with Newton
- 12:00 PMFantasy's Stephania Bell
- 1:00 PMNFL with James Walker
- 1:00 PMHornsNation's Wilkerson
- 8:00 AMFantasy's Matthew Berry
- 9:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 9:00 AMTideNation's Scarborough
- 9:00 AMWolverineNation's Rothstein
- 9:00 AMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 10:00 AMNFL blogger Mike Sando
- 10:00 AMGiants with Youngmisuk
- 11:00 AMNASCAR with Terry Blount
- 11:00 AMBuckeyeNation's Ward
- 11:00 AMSport Science's Brenkus
- 11:30 AMNFL with Bill Williamson
- 12:00 PMNFL with Paul Kuharsky
- 1:00 PMFootball Scientist KC Joyner