Vote now for the 2011
ESPN Los Angeles
Hall of Fame
The five inductees to the 2011 ESPN Los Angeles Hall of Fame (with percent of votes):
1. Magic Johnson (79.1)
2. John Wooden (64.9)
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (62.8)
4. Wayne Gretzky (42.7)
5. Sandy Koufax (38.2).
Note: If they're still active, they're not eligible.
Visit the discussion page to talk about who you think should be considered for the inaugural Hall of Fame class.
• Woj: An impossible mission »
• Markazi: Who's next? The odds are ... »
• Shelburne: Vin in a class by himself »
• Markazi and Shelburne: The great debate »
• Markazi: Hey, it's harder than it looks »
• Shelburne: Time out! Moments of clarity »
• Springer: You should know Bob Waterfield »
• Markazi: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's complexity »
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on Kareem »
• Debate: Is Phil more L.A. or Chicago »
• Adande: The importance of legacy »
• ESPNLA Hall of Fame: The Panel
• J.A. Adande defends his picks: On the clock
• Steve Mason defends his picks: On the clock
• Arash Markazi defends his picks: On the clock
• Ramona Shelburne defends her picks: On the clock
• Steve Springer defends his picks: On the clock
• Some of the great Latinos in L.A. sports
• Who are some of the best and worst owners?
• Who is iconic is debatable. Moments are perfect
• The Bo Jackson Effect: Our streaking stars
• Football's rich history in Los Angeles
• Some overrated players in L.A. history
• Some active icons that are destined
• Some of the great women in L.A. sports
• Mason & Ireland: Hall of Fame one-hour special
• The nominees: A rundown of the Hall of Fame
• Should three Lakers make the first five?
• Who are the automatics once they retire?
• The greatest moments in L.A. sports history?
UCLA coach (1948-1975)
On a large wall at the entrance of UCLA's student recreation center, a building aptly named after legendary men's basketball coach John Wooden, you'll see an enormous decal displaying the coach's "Pyramid of Success," a guide applicable to sports and life. The pyramid is built around a series of principles, with "industriousness" and "enthusiasm" serving as cornerstones to the structure. Twenty-three other personal values, including things such as "initiative," "skill" and "poise," make up ...
Read full story