Vote now for the 2011
ESPN Los Angeles
Hall of Fame
The five inductees to the 2011 ESPN Los Angeles Hall of Fame (with percent of votes):
1. Magic Johnson (79.1)
2. John Wooden (64.9)
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (62.8)
4. Wayne Gretzky (42.7)
5. Sandy Koufax (38.2).
Note: If they're still active, they're not eligible.
Visit the discussion page to talk about who you think should be considered for the inaugural Hall of Fame class.
• Woj: An impossible mission »
• Markazi: Who's next? The odds are ... »
• Shelburne: Vin in a class by himself »
• Markazi and Shelburne: The great debate »
• Markazi: Hey, it's harder than it looks »
• Shelburne: Time out! Moments of clarity »
• Springer: You should know Bob Waterfield »
• Markazi: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's complexity »
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on Kareem »
• Debate: Is Phil more L.A. or Chicago »
• Adande: The importance of legacy »
• ESPNLA Hall of Fame: The Panel
• J.A. Adande defends his picks: On the clock
• Steve Mason defends his picks: On the clock
• Arash Markazi defends his picks: On the clock
• Ramona Shelburne defends her picks: On the clock
• Steve Springer defends his picks: On the clock
• Some of the great Latinos in L.A. sports
• Who are some of the best and worst owners?
• Who is iconic is debatable. Moments are perfect
• The Bo Jackson Effect: Our streaking stars
• Football's rich history in Los Angeles
• Some overrated players in L.A. history
• Some active icons that are destined
• Some of the great women in L.A. sports
• Mason & Ireland: Hall of Fame one-hour special
• The nominees: A rundown of the Hall of Fame
• Should three Lakers make the first five?
• Who are the automatics once they retire?
• The greatest moments in L.A. sports history?
Where legacy weighs in
By J.A. Adande
Legacy matters because we have great sporting institutions in Los Angeles and should consider honoring those who helped elevate them to far nobler heights.
Check out the 20 candidates for the
ESPN Los Angeles of Fame: Gallery