- Tony La Russa in the Hall of Fame?
- Marshawn Lynch to hold out
- Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love?
- An NFL team in Los Angeles?
- Rory McIlroy wins Open Championship
- MLB second half predictions?
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards
- Favorites in NBA's East?
- Trout MVP in Jeter's final ASG
- Cespedes wins HR Derby
- Germany wins 2014 World Cup
- LeBron James returns to Cavs
- Carmelo Anthony stays with Knicks
- Jason Kidd to coach Bucks
- 2014 NBA draft reaction?
- NFL 2014 over/unders
- NFL releases 2014 schedule
Tony La Russa in the Hall of Fame?
Three-time World Series champion manager Tony La Russa will be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday, albeit with some of the same criticisms and questions that surrounded the Hall of Fame campaign of his most prodigious player, Mark McGwire.
There is no debating that La Russa perfected the art of managing in leading three different teams to World Series titles (A's in 1989, Cardinals in 2006 and 2011) while racking up 2,728 wins, the third-most all time. But 43% of those wins came via the likely chemically-induced home run output of McGwire. The same McGwire who has been denied entry into the Hall of Fame by voters who feel his accomplishments are tainted.
La Russa has said he believes steroid-tainted players should be in the Hall of Fame, but with an asterisk, and that managers should perhaps have the same fate. Do you agree?