- Tanaka to miss at least 6 weeks
- World Cup final -- Germany-Argentina
- 2014 ESPY Awards
- NBA free agency predictions?
- The Mag's 2014 NCAA FB stories
- NFL's Most Memorable Plays
- Josh Gordon arrested for DWI
- MLB All-Star Game rosters?
- What does WC run mean for U.S.?
- Jason Kidd to coach Bucks
- 2014 NBA draft reaction?
- Tim Lincecum no-hits Padres again
- New sliding rule for MLB?
- Should Redskins change name?
- Is PED use no big deal?
- NFL 2014 over/unders
- NFL releases 2014 schedule
Tanaka to miss at least 6 weeks
A generally average year for the New York Yankees has been propped up by one major positive: Masahiro Tanaka, the first-year right-handed pitcher with a 2.39 ERA in 18 starts for the hovering-around-.500 team. But bad news hit hard this week, as Tanaka first was put on the 15-day DL, then was determined to need at least six weeks off with a partially torn elbow ligament. The $175 million man might even eventually need Tommy John surgery if rehab does not fix the issue. What does this mean for the suddenly struggling franchise?