- Pineda ejected for pine tar
- NFL releases 2014 schedule
- Frank Vogel on hot seat?
- Albert Pujols hits 500th HR
- Next for Manchester United?
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson
- Blame for Brewers-Pirates brawl?
- Is Blake Griffin a flopper?
- Jabari Parker enters NBA draft
- Your NBA playoff predictions?
- Giants sign Josh Freeman
- Is NCAA meal rule enough?
- Donald Trump wants to buy Bills
- Yankee Stadium to host MLS games
- Jets sign Chris Johnson
- Michael Phelps unretires
- Johnny Manziel's NFL future?
- Jadeveon Clowney's NFL future?
- NHL playoff predictions?
- Bubba Watson wins the Masters
- is Vick's punishment complete?
- Do you like sports cheerleaders?
Pineda ejected for pine tar
Michael Pineda got caught with his hand in the pine tar jar on Wednesday night, as he was ejected after umpires spotted a foreign substance on his neck. Ejections for pine tar are rare -- this is only the fourth one in the past 10 years -- perhaps because the potential advantage offered doesn't completely seem worth the risk of ejection and suspension. It's certainly a less serious issue than other potential rules violations; everyone involved seems more embarrassed than angry or outraged. On Thursday, Pineda was suspended 10 games for the incident.