- Lakers make offer to Byron Scott
- Tony La Russa in the Hall of Fame?
- Marshawn Lynch to hold out
- Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love?
- An NFL team in Los Angeles?
- Rory McIlroy wins Open Championship
- MLB second half predictions?
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards
- Favorites in NBA's East?
- Trout MVP in Jeter's final ASG
- Cespedes wins HR Derby
- Germany wins 2014 World Cup
- LeBron James returns to Cavs
- Carmelo Anthony stays with Knicks
- Jason Kidd to coach Bucks
- 2014 NBA draft reaction?
- NFL 2014 over/unders
- NFL releases 2014 schedule
Longer PATs in the NFL?
Points after touchdown are generally pretty easy to get. Save for the occasional botched snap or slippery patch of grass, they're pretty much automatic. The NFL competition committee seems to see this as a problem, as it is in preliminary talks to dramatically increase the length of PATs. Currently, teams take PATs from the 2-yard line, but the committee is looking to place them on the 25-yard line. Kickers are against the idea, but something like that would mean a lot more drama after a game-tying touchdown in the final minutes, as what used to be a given will suddenly become that much more difficult.