Unlike the NFC, where everything most everything is up for grabs -- seriously, not even the Seattle Seahawks have clinched their division -- the AFC looks a lot more solid with one week left. Sure, the seeding could change, but right now the top five spots will be occupied by these teams, guaranteed: the Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts and Kansas City Chiefs. Only the sixth berth is up for grabs, and boy is it -- one of four teams could earn it, and five teams could finish tied for it.
So let's look ahead: How will the clinched playoff teams fare in the postseason? And which group will join them?
At 12-3, Peyton Manning & Co. know they have a playoff bye -- but still need a win or a Patriots loss to earn the No. 1 seed.
New England Patriots
Thanks to their win over Denver, Tom Brady and the Patriots still could earn home-field throughout the playoffs. But a bye is not guaranteed ...
The Bengals could jump into the No. 2 seed or fall into fourth, but third seems most likely.
The Colts might be in for a rematch of Sunday's game -- a 23-7 win at Kansas City.
Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs are locked into the No. 5 slot; right now it's all about who gets the fourth seed.
The last spot?
The permutations seem endless, and the current No. 6 isn't even in control of its own fate. (The Dolphins would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker with Baltimore.)
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMNCAA BB with Jeff Goodman
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 1:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 3:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on NCAAW
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
BEST OF THE BEST
Which player has a brighter NFL future: Darrelle Revis, or DeMarcus Ware? Vote! »